Camp Fire is now registering families for programs in both the Portland Public School (PPS) and West Linn/Wilsonville School (WLWV) Districts. Please follow the provided links for information regarding our programs in Portland and programs in West Linn. As we enter a brand-new setting with families, we hope to provide a safe, engaging environment to reintegrate into social and learning atmosphere. We will do our best to support children’s learning schedules as they participate in their school work; however, we are not school district staff nor are we able to guarantee one-on-one support for all children as they may need. We will work to build stable groups of like ages/grades and schedule in time for district-led learning. Our goal is to provide an option for families addressing their child care needs while creating atmospheres that promote social-emotional development, physical fitness, relationship building, enrichment activities and remote learning support.
If you are looking to add your child to your program’s wait list, please use the links provided below.
Before and After School experiences help youth reach their full potential. Did we mention fun? We’re planning on a lot of it!
Looking for information about our specific school sites?
Before and After School programs are offered to youth, 5-12 years old, enrolled in 15 sites in Portland Public Schools and West Linn School Districts. Each site tailors the schedule of activities to complement the needs and interests of the local community, your child’s school’s schedule, and your family’s need for high-quality care and enrichment in the hours Before and After School.
- Strong and genuine relationships – with youth, families, and school staff. We offer youth a sense of belonging in a safe, engaging, and educational environment.
- Daily After School homework time gives students an opportunity to work with staff and peers to strengthen academic skills.
- Programming is intentional and outcomes-based. Our curriculum is developed with the needs and interests of our students in mind.
- Youth are encouraged to develop and facilitate service-learning projects that help connect them to their communities
- Our diverse curriculum helps inspire youth to “Find their Spark”, teaching them to be curious, engaged, and learning.
- Leadership development is part of our orientation. Student-Led Clubs allow youth the opportunity to practice leading their peers and writing their own curriculum.
Support for Camp Fire Families and Community:
- We are responsive to the communities we serve and make thoughtful and intentional adjustments as needed.
- Employment Related Day Care Funds (ERDC) and sliding scale financial aid options are available. Childcare discounts range from 20%-70% off monthly fees.
- We invest in outstanding staff. Camp Fire childcare staff far surpass state standards, attending 25 hours or more of training. Topics covered include Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS), Growth Mindset, Cultural responsiveness and inclusion, STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, Group facilitation, curriculum development, healthy habits, and so much more!
Bring Camp Fire Before and After School programs to your school. Contact John Myers, Before and After School Program Director