Registration for 2021/22 school year programs opens at 3:00 pm July 1, 2021.
Registering for your school’s program will add you to our lottery and not directly into program. Registration for this lottery will close on Wednesday, July 21 at midnight. Camp Fire will hold a lottery placement for each location. Additional registrations between July 22-31 will be added to a secondary lottery. All registrations coming in after July 31 will be added chronologically at the bottom of the waiting list and contacted as there is space available.
To address those most impacted by the pandemic, support school districts’ efforts to ensure educational equity for all students, and foster a commitment to diverse programming Camp Fire Columbia will prioritize child care for the following students: BIPOC students or students whose caregivers are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of color), single parent households, and students in the foster care system. Please use the “notes” field in your personal section in the Family Portal to identify any circumstances within your family for prioritization. Prioritization will not guarantee placement in program. We anticipate that regulations will keep capacities low as school starts. Families’ lottery placements will be utilized as further space is made available.
Before & After School experiences help children reach their full potential. Did we mention fun? We’re planning on a lot of it!
Camp Fire Columbia is currently registering for programs in both the Portland Public School (PPS) and West Linn/Wilsonville School (WLWV) districts. Please follow the provided links for information regarding our PROGRAMS IN PORTLAND and PROGRAMS IN WEST LINN. We will soon be welcoming programming in McMinnville Public Schools as well. As we navigate the pandemic setting, we hope to provide a safe, engaging environment to reintegrate children into social and learning atmospheres. Our goal is to offer an option for families to address their child care needs while promoting social-emotional development, physical fitness, relationship building, and enrichment activities.
Use the links provided below to enroll or wait list your child in their school’s program(s).
Before & After School Programming Pre- and Post-Pandemic
Looking for information about our specific school sites?
Camp Fire Columbia’s Before & After School programs are offered to children, 5-12 years old, who attend schools throughout the Portland Public Schools (PPS), West Linn/Wilsonville Schools (WLWV) districts, and McMinnville Public Schools (MPS). Each location tailors its schedule of activities to complement the needs and interests of the local community, the children’s school schedules, and the families’ need for high-quality care and enrichment during the hours before and after school.
- Builds strong and genuine relationships with children, families, and school staff. We offer children a sense of belonging in a safe, engaging, and educational environment.
- Provides daily after school homework time to give children an opportunity to work with staff and their peers to strengthen their academic skills.
- Programming is intentional and outcome-based, and developed with the needs and interests of youth in mind.
- Encourages children to develop and facilitate service-learning projects that help connect them to their communities.
- Offers diverse curriculum to inspire children to “Find their Spark”, teaching them to be curious, engaged, and learning.
- Develops children’s leadership skills through youth-led clubs, allowing them to practice leading their peers and writing their own curriculum.
Support for Camp Fire Families and Community:
- We are responsive to the communities we serve and make thoughtful and intentional adjustments to our programs as needed.
- We are an Employment Related Day Care support (ERDC) approved provider and offer financial aid for low income families.
- We invest in outstanding staff who far surpass the state training standards. Training topics covered include Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports (PBIS), growth mindset, cultural responsiveness and inclusion, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math), group facilitation, curriculum development, healthy habits, and so much more!
Bring Camp Fire Columbia’s Before & After School programs to your school! Contact John Myers, Before & After School Program Department Director