Job Title: Vice President, Development and Communications
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Downtown Portland, with occasional local travel
About Camp Fire Columbia:
We believe that every child should have the opportunity to find and pursue their spark – a passion that encourages them to set and achieve goals for growth. Our comprehensive program starts with early intervention at the elementary level, bridges the learning gap for middle school, and helps students thrive and plan for bright futures during high school. During the summer months, Camp Fire Columbia offers summer camps in the Portland metro area and at our 552-acre camp near Sandy, OR. Camp Fire’s programs directly serve over 4,000 kids ages 5-18 each year across an eight-county area, including the greater Portland metro region. Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally responsive, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff. For more information, please visit: http://campfirecolumbia.org/.
Camp Fire Columbia is looking for a VP of Development and Communications who is motivated by our mission and has a proven track record of fundraising success. This engaging development professional has the primary responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to raise over $1,000,000 annually from individuals, businesses, government, and foundations. Additionally, they oversee external communications to advance the mission, support fundraising, and market fee-based programs.
This professional successfully collaborates on the Camp Fire Columbia management team, is involved with direct solicitation, as well as motivates and manages staff of four (3 FTE) to reach fundraising goals. The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic, donor-centric environment and contributes to a collaborative, productive and fun work environment. Camp Fire Columbia is looking for someone creative, forward thinking, culturally responsive with a successful background in fundraising and communications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the Camp Fire Columbia annual fundraising and communications/marketing plan
- Secure financial and in-kind support to meet budget goals
- Create and implement a strategy to build a diverse pipeline of annual contributors, major donors, and corporate partners
- Collaboratively build the organizational budget
- Provide analysis and report on fundraising progress for the CEO, Board, and Program Directors
- Initiate contact with donors, align giving priorities, and successfully solicit gifts
- Steward donor relationships by ensuring fulfillment of benefits, along with consistent, creative and valued appreciation activities
- Conduct outreach and devise campaigns to build a diversified base of financial support
- Oversee strategy and execution of special events – including the established Talent Show/Spark
- Work with the CEO to identify, engage, and solicit key funding partners
- Support and involve the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers in developing and stewarding donor relationships
- Leverage the Camp Firebrand with integrity and creativity
- Oversee external communications and marketing (websites, print and social media, annual report, email, Facebook Ads, earned media, etc.)
- Collaboratively participate on organization’s management team
- Manage the development and communications staff (currently 3 FTE): Development Coordinator, Grants Manager, Communications Manager, and Database and Prospect Research Associate
- Maintain and analyze fundraising data through the current CRM system; oversee data entry, gift processing, and report generation
- Demonstrated understanding of equity and inclusion; skills in promoting inclusion and cultural responsiveness
- Minimum 7years’ progressive experience managing a successful development and communications program
- Solid record of achieving revenue goals and building a pipeline of financially beneficial relationships
- Enthusiasm for direct solicitation and skill in the coordination of strategic solicitation teams
- Ability to work independently and manage a team, prioritize workload, and meet established deadlines in fast-paced situations
- Self-starter exhibiting sound, independent judgment and creative problem-solving acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to represent the organization in diverse public settings and facilitate productive internal and external communications
- Demonstrated ability to manage the conceptualization, creation and disbursement of high-quality communications and marketing materials that engage the public and motivate involvement
- Knowledge and affinity for youth-related programs and the NW Oregon/SW Washington community preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; advanced training desirable
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Work full-time (40 hours per week) with some evenings and weekends required
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation: Competitive salary
- Camp Fire Columbia offers a full range of benefits, including medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacation, 401K, sick leave, paid volunteer time, and paid holidays.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally-responsive, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff.
Camp Fire Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Send cover letter, resume and three references to Human Resources with the subject line, “Vice President, Development and Communications” to: email@example.com
- Positions will remain open until filled