Job Title: Multi-Site Coordinator
Classification: Full Time Seasonal
Reports to: Program Director
At Camp Fire Columbia, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to find and pursue their spark– a passion that inspires and drives them to set and achieve goals for their future. Founded in 1910, our comprehensive program starts with early intervention at the elementary level, bridges the learning gap for middle school, and helps students thrive and plan for bright futures during high school. During the school year, Camp Fire works in partnership with dozens of schools in the Metro Area. During the summer months, we offer summer camps in the Portland metro area and at our beautiful 552-acre camp, Camp Namanu, bordered by the vibrant Sandy River and presided over by century old trees. Our programs directly serve over 4,000 kids ages 5-18 each year across an eight-county area, including the greater Portland metro region. Camp Fire Columbia helps serve an additional 11,000 children and families annually through partnerships and special projects.
This position is responsible for helping manage and support the Before and After School Program (BAS) and staff through ongoing mentoring, training, and resourcing. The Multi-Site Coordinator (MSC) will provide direct supervision to site staff, address the needs for daily program operation at assigned schools, and support site supervisors at assigned cluster of 4-5 programs. Additionally, the Multi-Site Coordinator will collaborate with the other BAS Multi-Site Coordinators and Assistant Director to organize and oversee in-service and break programs and staffing for all BAS schools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Applies knowledge of youth development, licensed child care, and evolving practices in the education field to support ongoing program operations and professional development for staff.
2. Ensures program quality through frequent program observations and assessment in assigned cluster of schools.
3. Works in collaboration with Program Director, Assistant Director, and other Coordinators to develop, plan, and implement professional development training for site staff and document appropriately.
4. Directly supervises Site Supervisors and all other Site Staff within the cluster. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Multi-Site Coordinators will supervise and support staff from 4-5 school programs. They will have 4-5 Site Supervisors as direct reports. MSCs will work closely with the BAS leadership team including Coordinators, Assistant Director, Program Director and the BAS Registrar. There will be many opportunities for cross department collaboration including but not limited to: Development and Communications, Human Resources, Registrars, Finance, Office Manager, and Program staff. Multi-Site Coordinators will work closely with school leadership staff as well as build relationships with families in their school clusters. There will be ongoing opportunities to build relationships with community partners at the local, district, and state level.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from four-year college or university in Education, Youth Development, or a related field; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of youth development and programming, including best practices in academic enrichment, life and leadership skill development, youth adult partnerships, and mentoring.
- Knowledge of OCC licensing policies and procedures for managing a licensed child care facility.
- Previous experience instructing in an after-school program environment that involves solo teaching, outcome-based lesson planning and current best practices in youth development, and behavior management for program participants.
- Open to receiving feedback and making on-going program adjustments.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manages time and stress levels, and proactively solve problems.
- Culturally responsive with a passion for developing youth to achieve their full potential.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- High level of professionalism, creativity, energy, organization, self-motivation, empathy, and patience.
- Be a positive role model for youth and adults at all times.
- Maintain integrity by following through on responsibility and by accepting and abiding by decisions regarding program and policy in a positive manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Computer skills using database, report writing, project management, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, communication by email and use of scheduling software.
- Bi-lingual and/or multi-lingual encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation: $34,000-$36,000/year.
- Health, medical and dental benefits, 401K, life insurance, holiday and paid sick time benefits available for full-time staff (30+ hours per week).
- 401K, and paid sick time benefits available to part-time staff who qualify.
- Send cover letter, resume and three references to Human Resources with subject line, “Before and After School Multi-Site Coordinator” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Positions will remain open until filled.
Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally-competent, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff.
Camp Fire Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.