Job Title: Riding Instructor
Classification: Full Time Seasonal, Exempt
Dates: June – August 21, 2018
Compensation: Compensation: $40 per day + room and board through summer Camp
Do you love working with horses? Have you always wanted to work at a summer camp? Do you want to get paid to spend the summer working introducing youth to horses at Camp Namanu?
During the summer months, Camp Fire Columbia offers residential summer camp at our beautiful 552-acre camp, Camp Namanu (“Nuh-MAH-Noo”), bordered by the vibrant Sandy River and presided over by century old trees. Camp Namanu is a welcoming, empowering residential camp for youth entering grades 1-12. Camp Namanu hires about 80 staff for the summer, and you could be the person we’ve been looking for!
Are you excited about:
- Living and working at camp over the summer
- Having meals in the Dining Hall surrounded by the exuberance of the camp community
- Time off each day to recharge amongst our forests and rippling creeks
- A tight-knit community of 80+ staff from around the world
- Engaging in a culturally responsive environment with a passion for developing youth to achieve their full potential.
- Being a positive role model for youth and adults at all times
Are you able to:
- Embrace work and relationships with a growth mindset
- Prioritize multiple tasks, manages time and stress levels, and proactively solve problems.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, creativity, energy, organization, self-motivation, empathy, and patience.
- Uphold integrity by following through on responsibility and by accepting and abiding by decisions regarding program and policy in a positive manner.
- Work in teams and independently
- Lead and motivate others
- Lift and carry 50 pounds
- Sit and/or stand for long periods of time and maintain satisfactory energy levels for duration of programming
If so, join us and make the magic happen!
• Send cover letter, resume and three references to Human Resources with subject line, “Riding Instructor” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Positions will remain open until filled
Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally-competent, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff.
Camp Fire Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.