Job Title: Database & Prospect Research Specialist
Reports to: Vice President of Development and Communications (VP)
Classification: Part Time (20 hours per week)
At Camp Fire Columbia, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to find and pursue their spark– a passion that inspires and drives them to set and achieve goals for their future. Founded in 1910, our comprehensive program starts with early intervention at the elementary level, bridges the learning gap for middle school, and helps students thrive and plan for bright futures during high school. During the schoolyear, Camp Fire works in partnership with dozens of schools in the Metro Area. During the summer months, we offer summer camps in the Portland metro area and at our beautiful 552-acre camp, Camp Namanu, bordered by the vibrant Sandy River and presided over by century old trees. Our programs directly serve over 4,000 kids ages 5-18 each year across an eight-county area, including the greater Portland metro region. Camp Fire Columbia helps serve an additional 11,000 children and families annually through partnerships and special projects.
The Database & Prospect Research Specialist is responsible for updating and maintaining data that will support Camp Fire’s goal of developing a well-managed and growing base of support from individual, corporate, and foundation funders. This includes core development operations such as gift processing, prospect research, and donor acknowledgement, as well as developing practices and policies for management of donor, alumni, and funder related data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a core, participating member of the Development and Communications team, contributing to the long-term and day-to-day strategy and implementation of departmental tactics, such as targeted marketing, fundraising events and campaigns, donor cultivation and foundation relations.
- Manage the development database, including establishing data entry standards, entering data, and exporting relevant information.
- Process all gifts and acknowledgments; following fundraising best practices and adhere to information-storing guidelines.
- Conduct prospect research, including participating in development of individual portfolios for staff and volunteers who are soliciting on behalf of Camp Fire.
- Assist team with projects related to fundraising events, including data management in auction-specific software, and updates to organization’s CRM.
- Interface with the finance department and ensure timely and accurate reconciliation.
- Attend Camp Fire meetings and events.
- Support the mission, purpose and leadership of Camp Fire; project a positive image of Camp Fire.
Other Job Duties: Import/export of data and queries and reports will be a part of this position.
Relationships: The Database and Prospect Research Specialist is primarily internally oriented and will work directly with program staff, management team, and Development and Communications teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree and/or training/experience equal to the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- 1-2 years minimum database management experience required that is nonprofit/ fundraising specific.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to initiate work, complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accurate, well organized, detail-oriented.
- Team player who shares information, eagerly engages in big picture thinking, works well with others, and will contribute to a “roll up your sleeves” culture.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation: $15-20 /hour depending on experience.
- Camp Fire Columbia offers 401K and sick leave for Part-Time positions.
- Send cover letter, resume and three references to Human Resources with subject line, “Database & Prospect Research Specialist” to: email@example.com.
- Interviews will begin on as candidates are identified.
- Positions will remain open until filled.
Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally-competent, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff.
Camp Fire Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.