Title: Communications Manager
Reports to: VP, Development and Communications
Worksite: Downtown Portland, with occasional local travel
Be part of the Camp Fire magic
– Seeking Communications Manager
Do you have a passion for supporting youth, raising awareness, and telling a good story?
Camp Fire Columbia is looking for a Communications ROCK STAR who wants to join a highly collaborative team and lead the next chapter of our brand assets. Bring your passion for equity, commitment to the power of youth voice, creativity, and a healthy dose of project management skills. You must love working with others, be thoughtful, deadline-oriented, known for your positive attitude, and skilled at juggling priorities.
As our Communications Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to shape Camp Fire Columbia’s communications, marketing, and public relations strategy to ensure we have maximum impact.
Our Communications Manager will:
- Be our brand authority and strategic communications expert.
- Write, edit, and collaborate with departments to elevate the impact of our work.
- Collaboratively develop a strategic communications plan that addresses the needs of multiple stakeholders including board, staff, programs, donors and community partners.
You should be excited about:
- The opportunity to work in a team that embraces #growthmindset, leadership opportunities, and a collaborative approach to all that we do.
- Creativity that embraces our 108 year history and all that we are today in 2018 as well.
- Ambitious goals, good is never good enough! Be ready to grow engagement in our brand, and refine what “business as usual” looks like.
- Data-driven planning that includes measurable and specific benchmarks for success.
- Refining and stewarding brand standards that address national, local, and program specific identities.
Are you able to:
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, creativity, organization, self-motivation, and patience.
- Create and manage a Communications Plan built from a suite of strategic communications tools including web, print, social, and multimedia efforts.
- Manage creative project production, start to finish. (Including event collateral, infographics, reports, etc.)
- Write, edit, proofread and protect accuracy as a top priority.
- Work in teams and independently while leading and motivating others.
Help us make the magic of Camp Fire happen!
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation: $45,000-$52,000 annually
- Camp Fire Columbia offers a full range of benefits, including medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacation, 401K, sick leave, paid volunteer time, and paid holidays.
- Send cover letter, resume and three references to Human Resources with the subject line, “Communications Manager” to: email@example.com
- Position will remain open until filled and review of applications will begin immediately.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally-responsive, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff.
Camp Fire Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
About Camp Fire Columbia:
We believe that every child should have the opportunity to find and pursue their spark – a passion that encourages them to set and achieve goals for growth. Our comprehensive program starts with early intervention at the elementary level, bridges the learning gap for middle school, and helps students thrive and plan for bright futures during high school. During the summer months, Camp Fire Columbia offers summer camps in the Portland metro area and at our 552-acre camp near Sandy, OR. Camp Fire’s programs directly serve over 4,000 kids ages 5-18 each year across an eight-county area, including the greater Portland metro region. Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally responsive, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff. For more information, please visit: http://campfirecolumbia.org/.