Come help put Camp Namanu to bed for the winter.
Join fellow Namanu Community members as we help the Camp Fire staff clean, upgrade, and take care of our 552 acre site.
Choose a focus for where to lend your hands!
There are 5 areas of work for the weekend that will include various jobs of different skills/effort. We will have more posted when you arrive!
- Namanu Garden Club– Projects to include landscaping, flower boxes and more
- Ranch Hands– Projects with a Ranch focus may include sinking tie posts, leveling stalls, and fence repair, or cleaning in the Ranch House
- Pathfinders– Trail clearing, stair building, earth moving, and other heavy duty jobs
- The Toolbox– These projects tend to be more physical, and often require the use of muscular strength, like chopping wood, or building benches
- Table Toppers– These projects are not physically taxing, and can be done sitting down, or with limited physical exertion.
What you should know about Volunteer Service Weekends:
- During our Service Weekends, we will have traditional camp meals prepared by fellow volunteers in our camp kitchen! If you have a dietary restriction please let us know prior to the event and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Our Property Manager Mark Yerex will be organizing the projects for Saturday. There will be no formal work projects planned for Sunday.
- Please RSVP! An RSVP link will be live in October. We would appreciate as much advanced notice as possible so that we can have a count on how many will be in attendance; this is especially important so that we buy enough food. That said if somehow you forget, “drop-ins” are welcome! Let us know if you are bringing kids so we can plan activities for them as well!
- Everyone must sign a Participant Agreement which includes a liability waiver and assumption of risk; all those under the age of 18 must be with a parent or guardian. We will have these forms in Raker for you to sign when you arrive.
- Please check in at Raker Lodge, our dining hall, upon arrival and prior to moving into any accommodation. After you have dropped off your belongings in your sleeping space, we ask that you park your car in the upper parking lot at the top of the grand staircase. We do not take cabin reservations – it’s first come, first serve unless we have a large group coming and they need to be housed together (i.e. Scout Troop).
- Please feel free to come for any part or all of the weekend; even if you can only come out for part of Saturday, your energy and efforts are greatly appreciated.
- Please leave all pets at home.
- If you have specific questions or needs please contact Steven Joinson email@example.com
- Please leave your sleeping area swept, bed wiped down with disinfectant, trash emptied, and cabin cleaner than you found it.
What to bring:
- Sleeping bag or sleeping system, pillow.
- Plenty of warm clothes, wool or polypropylene is warmer if it gets wet than cotton. Work clothes that can get dirty!
- Work Gloves – very important to bring a pair of gloves that fit your hand comfortably.
- Raingear: rain jacket and rain pants.
- Waterproof boots if you have them, plus at least one change of shoes good for the uneven and muddy ground.
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Water bottle
Proposed November Service Weekend Schedule:
Friday, November 16
4:00 pm – 9:00 pm Check-in at Raker, tea, hot chocolate, coffee, and snacks available. No dinner is served so bring a sack dinner with you! Our Camp Namanu staff will meet you at the check-in table. If you are new don’t be afraid to ask anyone for help if you need more direction!
Saturday, November 17
8:30 am Breakfast in Raker Lodge
9:30 am Namanu Work Projects, Session #1
12:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm Session #2 Projects
5:00 pm Break
6:00 pm Dinner
7:30 pm Free Time
10:00 pm Quiet time begins
Sunday, November 18
8:30 am Breakfast in Raker Lodge
9:30 am Clean and move out of cabins. Wrap up any unfinished projects
12 noon Depart Namanu/Free time to wander down to the river or take a short hike with a friend. Please be off-site no later than 2 pm so staff can spend the afternoon with their families. Lunch will not be served on Sunday.
Thank you in advance for your time and energy!