NAMANU DAY CAMP IN THE CITY IS OPEN TO YOUTH ENTERING K TO 5TH GRADE, FALL 2015.
Links to Important Information & Documents:
- 2015 Namanu Day Camp Parent Answer Guide
- FAQ & Day Camp Dictionary
- Meet the Staff
- Example Weekly/Daily Schedule
- Hours, Fees & Discounts
- How Camp Makes Learning Fun: Combating summer learning loss at Namanu
- Site Field Trip Spreadsheet
- What to Bring to Camp
A week of Namanu Day Camp includes:
- Low camper to counselor ratio for individualized attention (6:1)
- One full-day, all-camp field trip of outdoor exploration and education
- 30 minutes of reading 4 days a week
- Developmentally appropriate & theme related activities, such as cooking projects, science experiments, arts & crafts that help battle summer learning loss
- Theme specific small group field trips and/or special guests
- Traditional games, sports, and songs
- Two healthy snacks per day
- Namanu Day Camp in the City T-Shirt (one per camper per summer)
- Namanu Day Camp in the City button for each week you attend!
Namanu Day Camp Highlights – Things you need to know
- Hours: Day Camp runs from 9am to 4pm Monday–Friday. Optional extended care hours from 7am to 6pm are available.
- All Day Field Trips on Wednesdays – All campers will attend an all-day field trip on Wednesday of each week. Departure is at 9:15am and Return is by 5:00pm. Trips will differ each week; see session descriptions for details.
- Farewell Campfire on Friday – Campers will participate in a closing campfire @ 3:30pm on Fridays. Families are welcome to attend.
Each Day your Camper Will Need:
- A substantive sack lunch (lunches should not require refrigeration or heating)
- Water bottle labeled with child’s first and last name (REQUIRED)
- Clothing that is comfortable & appropriate for walking, getting dirty or possibly wet
- Sturdy, comfortable shoes for walking, playing & exploring (flip-flops or Crocs are not camp appropriate)
- Swimsuit & Towel (Please label towel and suit with first and last name) (a plastic bag for wet items is recommended)
- Dry underclothes to wear after swimming or water play
During Session 4 (Out of this World) and Session 7 (City Campers) an optional overnight excursion is available. For an additional $75 your camper can experience a one night sleepover at Camp Namanu. Both trips depart Thursday at 9:00am and return by 4:00pm Friday. Campers will depart from and return to our SE Day Camp location.
Overnight campers will experience: meals in the dining hall, songs & stories around a campfire, stargazing, sleeping in a cabin, traditional camp crafts, wildlife viewing, swimming, over 90 years of Namanu Tradition and much more!
To register, visit www.campfirecolumbia.org or call 971-340-1607.