Camp Fire’s Before and After School (BAS) program provides licensed childcare 5 days a week at select schools in Portland and West Linn. Our program strives to offer youth a sense of belonging in a safe, engaging, and educational environment.
Camp Fire site instructors at each school create our intentional and outcomes-based curriculum with the interests of our students in mind. Our goal is to help your child achieve academic success while also exploring their passions and developing their talents.
Our Commitment to Quality
Camp Fire is dedicated to delivering the highest quality programming possible so we can help your child reach their full potential.
How we support Camp Fire youth:
- Staff focus on building strong and genuine relationships with youth
- Daily homework time gives students an opportunity to work with staff and peers to develop their academic skills
- Youth are empowered to develop and facilitate service-learning projects that help connect them to their communities
- Wide-ranging curriculum helps inspire youth to find their spark. Some examples of recent programming include:
- Cool Beans Cooking club – students created a variety of dishes including cake, salad, and soup with their magic ingredient: BEANS
- Stop-Motion Animation club – using Camp Fire provided tablets, youth were able to create and share their own stop-motion animation movies
- Girls in Leadership – this student-driven service learning club collected money and food donations for homeless animals in their community. With Camp Fire’s help they were able to hand-deliver their donations and meet the animals they were supporting
- Our Student-Led Clubs allow youth the opportunity to practice leading their peers and writing their own curriculum
How we support Camp Fire families:
- We are responsive to the communities we serve and make thoughtful and intentional adjustments to our programs and policies based on feedback from parents and the needs of the youth
- We work closely with Employment Related Day Care Funds (ERDC) and offer financial aid on a sliding scale. Discounts range from 20%-70% off monthly fees.
- All of our staff are required to attend at least 15 hours of training per year, but in the 2014-15 on average each Camp Fire staff member attended 25 hours of training. Topics covered include:
- Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports
- Growth mindset
- Cultural responsiveness
Looking for information about our specific school sites and how to register for 2016-17 Camp Fire School Year Programs?
Want to bring Camp Fire Before and After School program to your school?
- Contact Before and After School Program Director, Kirsi Baird Barber.
Looking for information about how to register for Summer care?
Before and After School Program Resources:
- PPS BAS Contact Information
- WLWV BAS Contact Information
- Inclement Weather Policies
- Financial Aid Application
- BAS Payment Policies
- Parent/Guardian Handbook