Before and After School experiences help youth reach their full potential. Did we mention fun? We’re planning on a lot of it!
Enrollment dates for the 2020-21 school year are below:
Due to new child care guidelines, child care programs will see impacted capacities. Therefore, Camp Fire will be registering families and then enrolling them into programs on a lottery system to create an equal opportunity to be placed in programs. Families who register between their school’s open enrollment date and June 30th will be entered into an enrollment lottery. Camp Fire will follow up-to-date guidance on prioritizing essential workers and then administer a random lottery to fill the remaining spaces. As the state allows programs to serve more students, Camp Fire will add capacities (based on how folks fell on the lottery list) to programs throughout the school year as allowed by the Early Learning Division, Office of Child Care and the State of Oregon.
Looking for information about our specific school sites?
Before and After School programs are offered to youth, 5-12 years old, enrolled in 15 sites in Portland Public Schools and West Linn School Districts. Each site tailors the schedule of activities to complement the needs and interests of the local community, your child’s school’s schedule, and your family’s need for high-quality care and enrichment in the hours Before and After School.
- Strong and genuine relationships – with youth, families, and school staff. We offer youth a sense of belonging in a safe, engaging, and educational environment.
- Daily After School homework time gives students an opportunity to work with staff and peers to strengthen academic skills.
- Programming is intentional and outcomes-based. Our curriculum is developed with the needs and interests of our students in mind.
- Youth are encouraged to develop and facilitate service-learning projects that help connect them to their communities
- Our diverse curriculum helps inspire youth to “Find their Spark”, teaching them to be curious, engaged, and learning.
- Leadership development is part of our orientation. Student-Led Clubs allow youth the opportunity to practice leading their peers and writing their own curriculum.
Support for Camp Fire Families and Community:
- We are responsive to the communities we serve and make thoughtful and intentional adjustments as needed.
- Employment Related Day Care Funds (ERDC) and sliding scale financial aid options are available. Childcare discounts range from 20%-70% off monthly fees.
- We invest in outstanding staff. Camp Fire childcare staff far surpass state standards, attending 25 hours or more of training. Topics covered include Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS), Growth Mindset, Cultural responsiveness and inclusion, STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, Group facilitation, curriculum development, healthy habits, and so much more!
Bring Camp Fire Before and After School programs to your school. Contact John Myers, Before and After School Program Director