Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: VP of Development and Communications
Description: The Development Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing a special events program, that includes multiple special events annually with the goal of engaging new audiences and building key relationships with prospects, supporters, donors, board members, and attract new donors. Secondarily, this position will oversee Camp Fire’s annual giving strategies, including a fall fundraising campaign and development and cultivation of a portfolio of annual donors with the goal of growing annual giving with a focus on retention and renewal.
- Lead the planning, development, design, and logistics for special cultivation events including conducting negotiations for space contracts and booking event space, arranging food and beverage, ordering supplies, audiovisual equipment, and event signage, and ensuring appropriate décor.
- Effectively recruit, coordinate, and steward event volunteers
- Prepare budgets and provide periodic progress reports for each event project
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Work with VP to meet the revenue and recruitment goals for each fundraising event and maintain accurate records and data for all events
- Properly process all sponsor recognition, contracts, insurance requests, and accounts payable and receivable as related to fundraising events
- Prepare nametags, materials, registration lists, seating cards, etc. and coordinate print, mailing, and distribution activities for all special events
- Manage day-of production and clean-up for events, as necessary
- Work closely with VP to establish annual cultivation and stewardship plan/calendar.
- Create and manage a portfolio of annual donors who give up to $1,000 annually with the goal of deepening engagement, renewing annual gifts, and increasing affinity and giving.
- Manages annual fall fundraising campaign, including coordination of several annual mailings, online giving, and targeted follow up.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and/ or training/experience equal to the required knowledge, skills, and abilities of this position
- 2 years minimum nonprofit experience, including event planning/implementation experience
- Corporate and individual fundraising experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to initiate work, complete tasks, and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Excellent project planning and management skills
- Accurate, well organized, detail-oriented
- Team player who shares information, eagerly engages in big picture thinking, works well with others, and will contribute to a “roll up your sleeves” and an “all hands on deck” culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce high-quality work in a timely manner
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
Compensation: Full-time, hourly position, $40,000 – $50,000 dependent on experience.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references in 1 combined file to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. References will not be contacted without advance notice to the candidate.
Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally-competent, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff.
Camp Fire Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.