Job Title: Before and After School Registrar
Reports to: Before and After School Program Director
Classification: Full Time Year Round
At Camp Fire Columbia, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to find and pursue their spark– a passion that inspires and drives them to set and achieve goals for their future. Founded in 1910, our comprehensive program starts with early intervention at the elementary level, bridges the learning gap for middle school, and helps students thrive and plan for bright futures during high school. During the school year, Camp Fire works in partnership with dozens of schools in the Metro Area. During the summer months, we offer summer camps in the Portland metro area and at our beautiful 552-acre camp, Camp Namanu, bordered by the vibrant Sandy River and presided over by century old trees. Our programs directly serve over 4,000 kids ages 5-18 each year across an eight-county area, including the greater Portland metro region. Camp Fire Columbia helps serve an additional 11,000 children and families annually through partnerships and special projects.
Ready to join us and make magic happen?
This position is responsible for acting as a key member of the registration team, which is the main contact for Camp Fire’s fee based program families. This position is also responsible for providing a high level of customer service and attention to detail to ensure families are supported and questions answered in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as the primary point of contact for Camp Fire Columbia Before and After School (BAS) program registration, ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Generates regular reports and provides accurate information to management team.
- Responsible for content and accuracy of program registration forms both online and paper, informational materials and participant records.
- Coordinates registration for after school programs. Registration is both on-line and manual data entry while taking information on the phone.
- Reviews financial assistance applications in accordance with organization standards and coordinates with Program Director on decision making and communication next steps.
- Understands and communicates to each participant family payment, payment due date, cancellation, and transfer or withdraw options.
- Follows approved billing and collection procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of Camp Fire Columbia programs, including but not limited to dates, locations, contacts, and general daily schedule.
- Data entry of Camp Fire program participants, including both the typing of information and the mapping and upload of online registration data from spreadsheets into Camp Fire’s database, as needed.
- Creates monthly, annual and trend participant data or financial reports required or requested for program management, program assessment, grant application and other needs.
- Assists with processing monthly fees and managing payment receipts for program through data entry and running reports, as well as making notes and adjustments per family request.
- Responsible for database maintenance, management and staff support.
- Implements program registration procedures and process and reviews on an ongoing basis for efficiencies.
- Maintains monthly and weekly filing of program attendance and registration records.
- Reviews Camp Fire Columbia website to assure registration information, links and forms displayed are current and accurate.
- Archives and stores historical registration data in compliance with organization, State and Federal guidelines.
- Provides administrative support as requested by supervisor.
- Annually participates and contributes in review of program fee billing and collection procedures as well as financial assistance criteria and procedures with BAS leadership team.
- Annually researches state financial assistance options and compare to current policy.
- Coordinates with Program Director and leadership staff to create annual registration timeline and set deadlines for required program forms, materials or website content.
- Coordinates with Finance Department to assure accurate reporting and record keeping.
- Recommend process improvements, as recognized.
Other Job Duties:
- Ensures policies and practices are followed that lead to safe and successful program experiences for all participants and staff.
- Acts as a role model for enjoyment, integrity and dedication in the work of Camp Fire… we are in it for the kids!
- Supports the mission, purpose and leadership of Camp Fire and projects a positive image of Camp Fire.
- Attends Camp Fire meetings and events, as required.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers, volunteers, parents, and contractors; including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
The main focus for the BAS Registrar is to support all BAS families with excellent customer service. BAS Registrar will work directly with the BAS leadership team (PD, AD, MSC) and meet with the team regularly in order to maintain a strong connection between program operations and registration systems. The BAS Registrar will work collaboratively with the registration team, including the Camp Namanu Registrar in order to have consistent support across summer and school year programs. The BAS Registrar will also work with our Site Supervisor team to best support the needs of families and to assure that site staff have all necessary registration support. In addition, the BAS registrar will communicate regularly with the finance team, development and communications team, and evaluations team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to the needs of the organization.
- Always treats youth, coworkers, and volunteers with respect and kindness.
- Be a positive role model for youth and adults at all times.
How we help you make a difference while making a living:
- Medical Insurance benefits
- Vision Insurance benefits
- Dental Insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Company paid Group Life Insurance
- Voluntary supplemental Group Life Insurance
- Generous paid sick and vacation time
- Generous paid holiday time
- Paid volunteer time
- Flexible Scheduling
- Discounted registration for Namanu programming
- Program training and resources
- Professional and personal development
- Leadership opportunities
- Autonomy / work ownership
- Support, structure and time needed to do great work
- A far reaching purpose driving our efforts
- Co-workers who share a commitment to the same cause
- Equity, cultural responsiveness, and inclusion driven
- Growth mindset propels our staff forward
- Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Human Resources with subject line, “REGISTRAR AND DATABASE COORDINATOR” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Positions will remain open until filled
- Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally-competent, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff.
- Camp Fire Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.