Namanu Day Camp in the City
For youth entering grades K – 5 in fall 2016
Registration opens in mid-March
At Namanu we help build confident, independent leaders who are able to engage and thrive in their world.
At Namanu Day Camp, we know it’s important to keep children’s minds sharp over the summer so they can continue to thrive upon their return to school. Our Day Camp’s day-to-day activities engage youth in hands-on learning while keeping all the fun and silliness you’ve come to expect from our traditional summer camp. Each week has its own unique theme (like zoology, cooking science, or architecture).
A week of Namanu Day Camp includes:
- Low camper to counselor ratio for individualized attention (6:1)
- One full-day field trip of outdoor exploration and education
- 30 minutes of reading four days a week
- Developmentally-appropriate thematic activities, such as cooking projects, science experiments, and arts & crafts that keep young minds growing and learning in the summer
- Theme-specific small group field trips and/or special guests
- Traditional camp games, sports, and songs
- Two healthy snacks per day
- Namanu Day Camp in the City T-Shirt (one per camper per summer)
- Namanu Day Camp in the City button for each week you attend!
Day Camp Fees
Full Time: Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm– $275
Part Time: Three days/week, 9am-4pm– $175
BRIDGES (6th, 7th, & 8th grade): Three-week session, Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm– $400
Extended care options available
- SE Portland Camp at Sunnyside Methodist Church
- West Linn
What Parents Have To Say…
“I saw my son blossom and thrive at camp this summer. Each day I picked him up he was so excited to tell me about his adventures. He made new friends as well as ran into some unexpected buddies from school. I had him in other camps this summer and his experiences there did not match the fun and support he felt at Namanu. Thank you so much for all of the planning and energy provided by your staff. We look forward to next summer!”
“The staff I have interacted with have been very positive, bright, energetic, engaged, and enthusiastic. These are the type of counselors I want my children to be around!!”
“Fantastic variety; my daughter attended six sessions and loved them all.”
”I think they (the counselors) are fantastic–they’ve really looked out for my boys and paid attention to their needs.”
Namanu Day Camp in the City registration will be open in March.
Camp Fire Registrar: 971-340-1607, email@example.com